A Year in a life...
Dang! 2019 has come to an end and what a year it has been! We made a promise that we would say “yes” to as many musical opportunities as possible. There had been times throughout the past 365 days when life had certainly challenged us - we questioned ourselves, our sacrifices and the path we had chosen. Sometimes we wondered if anyone was listening. Sometimes we felt all alone. Regardless, we buckled down and kept pushing forward. Pretty soon one or two small goals, turned into many memorable realities... Tonight at Burgundy’s will mark our 90th performance this year.
Here’s a look at some of our musical highlights in 2019:
- Won RD Entertainment Award for best group/duo
- Performed at the 2019 Canada Winter Games
- Performed at the 2019 Mayor’s Recognition Awards
- Performed at Showcase at the Studio Bell National Music Centre (Calgary, AB)
- Performed at "First Friday" Art Series (Kiwanis Gallery - Red Deer, AB)
- Radio play of “Something Good” on CKUA Radio
- Featured Artist on Death By Foui Podcast
- Featured Artist on the April 2019 cover “The Scene” Magazine (Red Deer, AB)
- Featured on the cover of “The Sentinel Courier” (Pilot Mound, MB)
- Spotlight on Shaw TV
- Two music tours to BC. (April & Oct.)
- Two music tours to MB. (April & Aug)
- Attended the DIY Music Conference in Austin, TX
- Attended and performed a 45 min showcase at the MONDO NYC Music Conference in Brooklyn, NY
- Opened for Kim Mitchell at Bo’s Bar & Stage - Halloween Show
- Featured Artist in ACMA (AB Country Music Assoc.) November Newsletter
- Logged in 90 performances this year (up from 50 in 2018)
We were also fortunate enough to take in some great performances from our peers this year: The Pits, Ten02, Randi Boultin, Curtis Labelle, Jimmy & The Smoke Breaks, The Humble Cartel, Emily Vay, Bob Donaldson, Kat Zel, Paeton Cameron, Mike Szasbo, Jim’s Toolbox, Red Sun Phenomenon, Ryan Carnduff, Kayla Williams, Von Beaker, John Hermary, Oldbury, Joe Matthews, Jessie Roads, Him n’ Her, The Frank, Justin Mundy...
We would like to take a moment to sincerely thank everyone who has stood with us this past year. Your love and support does not go unnoticed and we are truly grateful to have such wonderful friends and family in our lives. We would also like to thank our fellow music & arts community for all the fantastic opportunities we have been blessed with this year. Thank you for inviting us to share the stage with you, recommending us for a gig, purchasing some merch or taking time out of your schedule to come and see a show. Dan and I are working hard to create some fresh music in the New Year and we hope you will continue to join us in our journey.
Happy New Year Everyone - let’s make 2020 a year of great tunes!
Wiki vs Wiki